The Washington Association of Landscape Professionals has awarded its recipients of the 2022 Northwest Premiere Landscape Awards Program.
Every year, WALP Members submit projects of various scope in a variety of categories. This past two years, WALP received 17 entries by 8 firms in 8 categories. All the projects earned an award; 5 Award of Distinction, 10 Grand Awards and 2 projects of Special Recognition. Projects were of all sizes from Corporate Campuses to backyard firepit areas.
An Award of Merit means the project meets industry standards. An Award or Distinction means the project is exceptional, but still with some room for improvement somewhere. A Grand Award generally means the project is exceptional with no obvious room for improvement. Usually there is some "wow" factor considered, even in small projects. For the 2021-2022 program years all projects surpassed Merit.
Judges are landscape professionals as well as WALP members and standards are taken seriously. In all categories, the degree of difficulty, be it access or site conditions or some other factor is considered. The projects were judged remotely with communication done via e-mail, Zoom or by phone.
Award Recipients: (Award, Company, Category, Project Name)
- Pacific Earth Works WBE: Commercial Construction, Block 18 Seattle
- Northwest Outdoor Lighting: Lighting, Lake Washington Villa
- Northwest Outdoor Lighting: Lighting, Carillon Point Property
- Synthetic Turf Northwest McGraw Project
- Vulcan Design & Construction: Hardscaping, Ogden Residence
- Malone’s Landscape Design/Build: Residential Construction, The Tree
- Hedahl Landscape Services: Residential Construction, Olympic View Renovation
- Place Landscape Architecture LLC: Landscape Design, Woodside Residence
- Malone’s Landscape Design/Build: Design/Build, The Backyard Bar & Grill
- Pacific Earth Works WBE: Commercial Construction, Seattle Childrens Building Care, Forest B Expansion
AWARDS OF DISTINCTION:
- Pacific Earth Works WBE: Public Works, Cedar Heights M.S. Fields Renovation
- Place Landscape Architecture LLC: Landscape Design, Farmhouse Residence
- Devonshire Landscapes: Residential Construction, Lange Residence
- Hedahl Landscape Services Design: Design/Build, Suarez Retreat
- Northwest Outdoor Lighting: Lighting, West Seattle
- Bartlett Tree Expert Co.: Unique Project, Sooty Bark Disease
- Bartlett Tree Expert Co.: Unique Project, An American Legacy Tree